One of a number of our funding applications for this year’s York Festival has been confirmed!
Tourism WA received 120 applications for funding through the Regional Events Scheme and The Avon Descent, York Festival, Beverley Heroic, Northam Motor Sport Festival and Moondyne Festival will all receive funds to support the planned activities.
Tourism WA’s Regional Events Scheme (RES), supported by Royalties for Regions, is an annual funding round for smaller, developing regional events across the State.
The scheme is administered by Tourism WA and supports regional events in WA that:
- bring additional tourism income to regional communities by increasing visitor numbers and expenditure in the host community (economic impact);
- attract media coverage that will help raise the profile of the region as a tourist destination (media impact);
- involve and inspire the local community (social benefits);
- extend the length of the traditional tourist seasons and better utilise tourism facilities and services during off-peak or shoulder periods;
- improve the vibrancy and vitality of the State; and
- support job creation in regional WA and benefit social amenity and wellbeing of regional WA.
In addition, it is advantageous if the event has a strong point of difference and/or profiles the unique features of the town and/or region.
The Wara Art Sculptures are unique to York and are made from wheat straw, directly linking into the Wheatbelt farming industry.
Japan’s iconic Udon noodles need premium wheat varieties to produce a flawless product. Did you know this wheat is sourced from Western Australia, the world’s leading supplier of noodle wheat into Japan and Korea?
We are proud to have been successful with this grant applications. We have a number of other funding applications pending so watch this space for further updates…